The next evolution of engagement training –
New curriculum commencing 2023!
.We are very excited to be launching the next evolution of engagement training to ensure that IAP2 Australasia remains at the forefront of contemporary engagement practice.
Following the introduction of the IAP2 International Global Learning Pathway (GLP), IAP2 Australasia has taken the opportunity to deliver a new curriculum. This new curriculum complements the GLP and includes updated, newly developed content to ensure delivery of a curriculum that is relevant for the Australasian region.
The new and updated materials have been developed by a number of Subject Matter Experts, who are themselves highly experienced and highly regarded engagement practitioners throughout Australasia and have a personal interest and are dedicated to enhancing and improving engagement practice for current and future professionals
Here is a snapshot of what you can expect in the new curriculum:
- An increased genuine focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion across all areas of the curriculum
- A strengthening of online engagement
- Skills-based learning for people and organisations in the Australasian market
- Assist practitioners to successfully develop, deliver and lead authentic engagement processes.
This is just the beginning of the journey. There is more to come in the form of short courses, webinars and advanced engagement courses.
For more information, please visit the FAQ section
The courses include three core courses and six electives:
You will be provided with lots of materials which include:
- Quick Reference Guides on key concepts, models and processes, and templates
- Access to the Engagement Methods Tool and Methods Matrix with more than 60 methods through the Apply Engagement Methods course.
- Identify key elements of contemporary and quality engagement practices
- Ethically practice the application of the IAP2 Core Values and Code of Ethics, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles
- Understand and apply the principles of the Community Engagement Model to be clear on who leads and acts in the engagement process
- Understand and use the IAP2 Australasia Practice Framework to guide your engagement processes and to successfully Plan, Design, Implement and Review your engagement project
- Introduction to a wide range of tools and methods to consider for your engagement project that can be tailored for a variety of audiences and desired outcomes
- Enhance your ability to successfully deliver your engagement projects with confidence and trust.
How to complete the IAP2 Australasia Certificate of Engagement
The Essentials of Engagement course is the pre-requisite course and must be completed first before any other courses. You can then follow two pathways.
- The Core Pathway where you complete all three courses; Essentials of Engagement, Design and Plan Engagement, and Apply Engagement Methods.
- The Core and Electives Pathway – as detailed in the digram below:
If you are new to IAP2 Australasia and are not sure if you want to compelte the Certificate of Engagement but are interested in completing an IAP2 Australasia course, you ,must first complete the Essentials of Engagement course as a pre-requisite to taking other courses.
Who should attend
A choice of core courses and electives are available offering a variety of learning outcomes. This allows participants to delve more deeply into the areas of engagement most applicable to their work and/or area of interest – such as designing and planning engagement or managing conflict and high emotion.