Apply Engagement Methods
Improve your engagement process with the Apply Engagement Methods course
The Apply Engagement Methods course focuses on the ‘Methods’ step in the Design Phase of the Practice Framework.
This is one of the three core courses of the IAP2 Australasia Certificate in Engagement program. Before enrolling in this course, participants must have completed the Essentials of Engagement course.
This is an ideal course for engagement professionals whose core role involves facilitating engagement activities. It is for those who want to move beyond a limited range of techniques and who want to understand and utilise different and emerging methods for different audiences. This course is also relevant for those engagement practitioners who facilitate, but who do not necessarily lead or manage, engagements and consultations. They would also gain valuable insights from this training.
The aim of Apply Engagement Methods is to introduce engagement practitioners to a variety of different methods for use in their engagement processes, when planning their engagement and the outcomes required. You will be introduced to the IAP2 Australasia Engagement Methods Tool (EMT) and the Methods Matrix where there are more than 60 combined face to face and online engagement methods.
The objectives of this course are to:
- Introduce learners to the EMT and the Methods Matrix.
- Introduce learners to a variety of engagement methods for use in a range of a contexts and select appropriate methods for a number of engagement requirements
- Explore and practice a range of multi-modal engagement methods
- Design a process for a scenario including question design
- Apply key elements of effective method selection and design to a scenario
- Complete a template for method design
- Apply an element of the method process to test effectiveness according to a quality checklist
- Be able to justify the choice of methods to decision-makers/sponsors
- Ensure the methods chosen and designed meet DEI principles and First Nations peoples’ needs.
Through practising and using different methods for engagement you will enhance your skills and knowledge of methods that work well in different contexts. You will also be able to present different methods to your decision-maker/sponsor that is well thought out and considered.
Why train with IAP2 Australasia
The IAP2 Australasia Certificate of Engagement is increasingly becoming the standard employers look for when hiring community engagement practitioners.
You will gain access to the right tools, resources and proven methods while connecting with other experts and organisations through continuous education with IAP2 Australasia.
IAP2 Australasia provides well-respected and industry-leading training in community and stakeholder engagement. Our training is tailored for all levels of education and experience, from the first time engager to managers and decision makers who benefit from quality engagement processes.
The benefits of IAP2 Australasia training:
- Practical knowledge and theory delivered in an inclusive training environment
- Training is participatory and experiential, with lots of positive interaction between participants from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Materials are contextualised for Australia and New Zealand
- All trainers are experienced trainers AND practitioners, able to reflect on current and real-world examples
- Flexible learning pathways for participants ensuring that all training is relevant and applicable
- Certificate in Engagement is recognised as the standard for engagement professionals
- All participants receive a quality training manual, with access to additional resources via our online forum (where applicable)
- All training delivered in professional training environments, in close proximity to public transport options
Want to know more about our training?
Find out more information on the IAP2A Certificate of Engagement, In-House Training and our Licensed Trainers.
Have a question?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly team will be very happy to help answer your questions.