Strategic Plan to 2025
How IAP2 ANZ proposes to support the practice of Engagement through to 2025.
The IAP2 Australia & New Zealand (IAP2 ANZ) Board and Leadership Team have been developing a new Strategic Plan to inform and guide investment in the areas that provide the most benefit to members. The draft plan has been shaped by your voice – as members -through numerous surveys and events, alongside extensive dialogue with partners and market research.
The result is a proposed plan with a new vision and values presented as a values story together with a new mission:
We will champion the engagement sector by advocating for engagement and offering trusted and contemporary services and training for people and organisations across Australia and New Zealand, with the world’s largest community of engagement professionals.
About the proposed Strategic Plan
Intended to be inspirational and aspirational, the plan encompasses the next 4 years to 30 June 2025 and is driven by three (3) overarching Strategic Goals.
Importantly, there is a strong emphasis on delivering what you, as members, have told us matters to you most:
- Investing in the future of the profession through professional development and training pathways that are flexible, accessible and embeds Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) principles and a professional recognition program to support the professionalisation of the engagement sector,
- Championing the evidence and value of Engagement through research, advocacy and showcasing best practice,
- Providing trusted tools, resources, case studies and events to support the engagement profession to connect and share knowledge, and
- Continue to build a strong and sustainable organisation to strengthen and advance engagement.
The three Strategic Goals steer 12 strategies along with measurable objectives will guide us on how we will deliver member value and monitor our progress.
Additionally, we have produced a roadmap which outlines what we need to do to achieve the Strategic Plan and what we would like IAP2 ANZ to look like in terms of membership, strategic initiatives, advocacy, member growth and retention; training and event participation; organisational health including revenue; and our people.
Have we got it right?
We want to hear from you your thoughts on the proposed Strategic Plan with a particular focus on the 12 strategies and whether we have got the balance right.
This is an important piece of work and will guide IAP2 ANZ through to 2025. Your feedback at this stage is essential and will form part of our evaluation process to help make the plan stronger by:
- confirming the focus areas and strategies and
- identifying gaps that the IAP2 ANZ Board needs to consider.
We plan to announce the final Strategic Plan in September 2021.