Advanced Mentoring Program
Applications are now open for IAP2 Australasia members to join the Advanced Mentoring Program: Mastering Engagement through Group Coaching and Mentoring.
Want to take your practice to the next level? Co-create your own learning journey and topics to explore with a collaborative group of 12 peers, guided by an industry leading group Mentor, in this new approach to your professional development at the Advanced Level of Engagement Practice.
This is your opportunity to:
- Learn from the “best in the business”
- Connect with other practitioners and strengthen networks in a collaborative environment
- Challenge, stretch and hone your skills
- Benefit from your group Mentor’s expertise and the experience in the room
- Apply learning to your ongoing work
- Elevate your career and professional development
- Build confidence
This exclusive program will run up to two programs only in 2022.
Consisting of 12 x 90-minute sessions from February to November 2022, you will research and prepare a presentation on a contemporary and relevant topic, for discussion and learning points from the Mentor and the group. Each session will also feature discussion of current events and their impact on Engagement practice.
Each program is capped at 12 participants for maximum benefit, and only 2 programs will run in 2022, so this is an exclusive opportunity.
An application process will apply.
You will extend and expand your knowledge and practice by exploring aspects of Advanced Engagement Practice through research, reflection on current practice, Group Mentor and peer feedback, networking and sharing experiences.
As part of the program, you will:
- Explore key aspects of Engagement practice at a complex, strategic and advanced level
- Reflect on your practice, complete a before and after self-assessment and capitalise on a framework for ongoing professional development
- Discuss topics of advanced Engagement and draw conclusions for improving practice
- Research in detail a specific topic of interest and present to the wider group
- Keep current with immediate issues and trends in the industry and practice
- Increase your networking skills and reach as Practitioners within the industry
- Share advanced practice and experiences within a diverse group of practitioners.
Is this right for me?
- This program is aimed at engagement practitioners at senior levels within the practice – Managers, Consultancy leaders, Practice leaders and with a significant level of experience – 10-15+ years, with complex Engagement projects and processes experience
- Practitioners from all and diverse backgrounds from across Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand are invited to apply
About the mentors
You will be guided in your exploration of your engagement topics by senior Leaders in Engagement Practice, who have been selected based on their skills, experience and connections in the industry.
High level overview of the characteristics and skills of the mentors
Mentors possess considerable and significant experience (equivalent of 20 plus years) in highly complex and deep engagement practice in a range of industry sectors, and are recognised as Leaders and Role Models in the Engagement industry and practice in Australia and NZ. They typically have contributed significantly to the industry through networking, governance, research and other leadership activities.
Mentors also bring skills and experience in facilitating group mentoring, coaching, learning processes and dialogue.
Due to the nature of the participation across Australia and New Zealand, sessions will be virtual via zoom.
To ensure the optimum learning experience, participation is by application. If you have any questions about the program, please contact email@example.com .
To secure your place in the program you will need to make your payment and complete the online form including:
- Your details
- Evidence of level and depth of experience, including a current CV
- A statement about why you want to participate and intended application of learning to the workplace
- Commitment to attend all the program sessions, complete learning tasks and the Code of Conduct
- Up front payment of fees (to be refunded if unsuccessful)
- Preference for morning or evening time slots, and details of your time-zone.
- Referee contact details, (preferably a current supervisor)
- Applicants are required to be a financial member of IAP2 Australasia
Applications will be considered by a panel against the following criteria:
- Commitment to the program work and collaboration
- Level and depth of experience
- Intended Application of learning to the workplace
- Commitment to the Code of Conduct and Confidentiality Requirements (Chatham House Rules).
- Current IAP2 Australasia member
Applications close COB Monday, 15 December 2021.
The total program fee is $1,500 plus GST.