Essentials of Engagement
The value of genuine and authentic community and stakeholder engagement is more important than ever.
Trust in organisations, the ever increasing use of social media and interest in not just local but global issues signifies that communities and stakeholders are well-informed and expect, and can often demand, meaningful engagement (also known as public participation) in decisions that affect them.
Get started with Essentials of Engagement
Essentials of Engagement is the initial pre-requisite course for completing the IAP2 Australasia Certificate of Engagement. It is the ideal starting point for engagement practitioners and provides introductory concepts, tools and methods for anyone involved in engagement, in any organisation and at any level of function.
If you have a role in engagement and/or would like to know more from leading experts, this course provides you with foundation skills and knowledge about engaging with communities and stakeholders. It is suitable for people new to engagement, those who work closely with engagement professionals and those who have been practising for some time but are looking to enhance their skills and knowledge.
The training is highly interactive where you can network with professionals across a variety of industries and organisations.
The Essentials of Engagement course covers key elements of engagement using IAP2 Australasia tools, models and frameworks as a foundation to further your engagement knowledge and practice, including:
- Identify key elements of contemporary and quality engagement practices
- Ethically practice the application of the IAP2 Core Values and Code of Ethics, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles
- Understand and apply the principles of the Community Engagement Model to be clear on who leads and acts in the engagement process
- Understand and use the IAP2 Australasia Practice Framework to guide your engagement processes to successfully Plan, Design, Implement and Review your engagement project.
By the end of this course you will understand the essential elements of a ‘best practice’ contemporary model for engagement and the next steps you, or your organisation need to take.
Why train with IAP2 Australasia
The IAP2 Australasia Certificate of Engagement is increasingly becoming the standard employers look for when hiring engagement practitioners.
You will gain access to the right tools, resources and proven methods while connecting with other experts and organisations through continuous education with IAP2 Australasia.
IAP2 Australasia provides well-respected and industry-leading training in community and stakeholder engagement. Our training is tailored for all levels of education and experience, from the first time engager to managers and decision makers who benefit from quality engagement processes.
The benefits of IAP2 Australasia training:
- Practical knowledge and theory delivered in an inclusive training environment
- Training is participatory and experiential, with lots of positive interaction between participants from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Materials are contextualised for Australia and New Zealand
- All trainers are experienced trainers AND practitioners, able to reflect on current and real-world examples
- Flexible learning pathways for participants ensuring that all training is relevant and applicable
- Certificate of Engagement is recognised as the standard for engagement professionals
- All participants receive a quality training manual, with access to additional resources via our online forum (where applicable)
- All training delivered in professional training environments, in close proximity to public transport options
Want to know more about our training?
Find out more information on the IAP2 Certificate of Engagement, In-House Training and our Licensed Trainers.
Have a question?
Email us at email@example.com and our friendly team will be very happy to help answer your questions.