New specialised course: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Engagement
Explore Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and what this means for engagement.
An IAP2 Australasia specialised course, in partnership with Articulous.
This training program explores Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and what this means for engagement. It unpacks the principles of DEI, then challenges program participants to explore the barriers, systems and structures that impact on engagement. This program tackles complex topics such as race, disability, privilege, trauma and our own unconscious biases, asking participants to self-reflect and expand on their engagement practices. The program challenges the concept of “hard to reach” and asks participants to consider who is “hardly reached” in traditional engagement methods and process.
- Define equity and inclusion and differentiate it from other terms
- Challenge participants to explore equity in engagement and their own engagement practices
- Understand bias and unconscious bias
- Reflect on race, privilege and trauma and how this intersects with engagement
- Understand our own role in the systems and structures that create exclusion
- Explore tools to employ to advance more equitable and inclusive outcomes in engagement and consider best practice
- Introduce and apply the Equity Centring Framework for public engagement processes
- Design a program of inclusive and equitable engagement methods to consider how to reach those who are hardly reached in engagement processes.
Who is this course for?
This course is suitable for practitioners with any level of experience.
*Note, this course is being delivered in partnership with IAP2A and is considered an IAP2A Specialised Course. As such, this course does not attract credit points towards any of our programs, including the Certificate in Engagement.
This course is delivered online. View the training calendar to see available dates.
- $695 AUD Members including GST
- $950 AUD Non-members including GST