Brave, Honest Conversations™
A digitally delivered workshop about how to bravely lead the conversations that matter most, so we can find solutions, together.
Does this sound familiar?
- Are your conversations fraught with discomfort, tension and concern?
- Are you unsure what to say or intimidated in difficult conversations?
- Are fear, hesitancy and worry about getting it right constant companions in your work?
- Are you in need of support, comfort and an ability to know when to walk away, disengage and recover your-self?
- Are the practices that have served you in the past not working?
- Are you worried about having really tough conversations with your team, community or group?
- Are you constantly running into conflict, opposition or uncomfortable situations?
- Are you not getting the results or progress you hope for?
- Do you wish there was a way to move from stuck to possible when talking about the things people care most about?
There is a different way.
Brave, Honest Conversations™ are a way of talking together, working together and living. When we show up with courage, compassion and integrity the possibilities are endless. The world needs more leaders who dare to make a lasting difference.
It is time to build your leadership skills – to practice courage, compassion and responsibility for impact. When you build your capacity to lead others, groups and the world around you, you create the momentum for positive change and the opportunity to move from stuck to possible. Foundational to leading others is the ability to lead your-self, to practice courage, compassion and kindness for yourself, and to make choices that allow you to bring your best self to the world.
Learn new ways of being and showing up in tough conversations, and also find some new tangible, practical tools to improve your work in the world.
What will you learn?
You will learn how to:
- Courageously show up as a brave, compassionate leader in life, your organisation and community;
- Cultivate and enhance a mindset of service and commitment to brave, honest conversations and integrity of practice;
- Create a space for brave, honest conversations that encourage positive participation and invite others into tough conversations;
- Enrol others and create opportunities for alignment and common ground;
- Understand your impact on others, a group and the space, and take responsibility for that impact;
- Build comfort, confidence and skill to have the really tough conversations in your team, organisation or community;
- Work tangibly with the chaos and emotions in a room or group; and
- Practice and experience effective approaches for recovery, stress reduction and setting boundaries amid conflict and controversy.
Who is this course for?
This course is a mid to advanced level, designed for engagement professionals with 5 years or more experience in community engagement.
Plus, this course counts towards attaining the IAP2A Advanced Certificate in Engagement.
About your presenter and Chief Storm Rider, STEPHANI ROY McCALLUM
Digital intensive workshops
- 3 Day (41/2 hours per day) digital workshops with your Chief Storm Rider, Stephani in the IAP2A virtual classroom
- Each participant will need to complete a homework exercise over 2 weeks
- Your registration includes an individual 1 hour personal coaching session with Stephani to be booked following homework activities.
Your investment in your personal leadership skills, bravely leading challenging conversations:
- Members: $975 incl. gst
- Non-members: $1,200 incl. gst
- 14 – 16 October 2020
- 25 – 27 November 2020
- 30 November – 2 December 2020
- 1 – 3 February 2021
- 9 – 11 March 2021