IAP2A Director Nominations are now open for 2022
IAP2 Australasia Director nominations for 2022 are now open for members.
This is your opportunity to contribute to your profession and enhance your professional development.
The International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) is a global member association which seeks to promote and improve the practice of public participation or community and stakeholder engagement.
The organisation incorporates individuals, governments, institutions and other entities that affect the public interest throughout the world.
We are pleased to announce that we are opening up the call for Director Nominations for IAP2 Australasia.
This is your opportunity to work with a well established association, with a clear focus on delivering member value and plenty of great opportunities on the horizon.
Nominating as a candidate
Work with a high performing board, striving to strengthen engagement and advance the practice.
As the peak body for the community and stakeholder engagement sector, IAP2 Australasia, believes that engagement, when done well, improves social, environmental and economic outcomes and increases trust in the democratic process.
At the 2022 Annual General Meeting, three director positions will become vacant.
Nominations are invited from eligible candidates to stand for election to the IAP2 Australasia Board of Directors for a three-year term.
To apply, you must:
- Be a natural person and a current financial member of IAP2 Australasia for a minimum of 12 months.
- Be nominated by two other current financial IAP2 Australasia members.
- Demonstrate you have suitable qualifications, skills and experience to discharge the functions of a director as determined by the Board
- Certify an understanding of the election guidelines, the Constitution, Board Charter, By-Laws and Policies and be familiar with the responsibilities of a director as outlined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cwth) and by the Australian Charities and Not-for profits Commission.
Please also read through the following documents:
- Constitution IAP2 Australasia Limited
- Board Charter, By-Laws and Policies
- IAP2 Australasia Strategic Plan to 30 June 2025
If you are interested in finding out more about becoming an IAP2 Australasia Director, then we invite you to join our information session webinar.
This event will be facilitated by our Returning Officer – Nunzio Giunta, Chief Executive Officer – Marion Short and attended by directors representing IAP2 Australasia.
When: Monday, 29 August 2022
Time: 5:30pm – 6:30pm AEST
Where: via Zoom meeting link
To register for this webinar, please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the Zoom webinar link.
Closing date for nominations
Nomination forms are to be lodged with the Returning Officer, Nunzio Giunta, email@example.com by 5:00 pm (AEST) 7 September 2022.
For more information, contact: Nunzio Giunta, Returning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0419 599 859.
Members eligible to vote will receive an email providing instructions on how to vote with polling set to open on 6 October 2022 at 10:00am AEST, and to close on 19 October 2022, 8:00 pm AEST. The member roll will close on 7 September 2022 5.00pm AEST.