From The Chair August 2016
What a great year it has been for IAP2 Australasia. The Board and I enjoyed the opportunity to meet many of you personally at the Conference in Perth. As always we are keen to speak with members about how to improve both the member experience and advancing the practice of community and stakeholder engagement.
The Board held its last teleconference this week and discussed a number of governance matters as well as formally approving the new Ambassadors! A list of all the IAP2 Australasia Ambassadors is below and we thank them for their many years of service and look forward to having them help us spread the engagement message throughout 2016.
Some other highlights include:
- Work to be progressed on the Accreditation and Credentialing program for engagement professionals.
- The Core Values Awards categories have been reviewed following member feedback and the program will be launched in early 2016 with a new Indigenous category
- The New Zealand Symposium is planned for 29-30 June 2016 in Wellington with Abstracts now being sought
- The Australasian Conference is planned for 17-19 October 2016 in Adelaide with the Working Group now being established
- The Events Calendar and Training Calendar for 2016 are now available on our website
- We are pleased to have been able to release some new resources to you this year and are planning for more in 2016. The final Guide to Engaging in Disaster Recovery will be available early in the new year. And the new Quality Assurance Standard and Valuing Better Engagement resources are available for you to download now.
The Board will be meeting again in February in Melbourne. If you have any questions about anything to do with IAP2 Australasia, do not hesitate to contact our CEO on +612 4225 0555 (AU) or +64 27 225 0555 (NZ) or email email@example.com. Or contact the Board directly on firstname.lastname@example.org. Once again, thank you all for your contributions and commitment to IAP2 during 2015. We wish you and your teams a safe, healthy and happy Christmas.