Expression of Interest: call for members, Emergency Management Community of Practice
As part of the Pitch for the Project initiative, members voted to set up three Communities of Practice groups, one of these was the Emergency Management Community of Practice.
These co-mentoring groups provide the opportunity to connect with other practitioners, extend networks, learn from each other, and share ideas and issues. Members can build their skills and knowledge, while supporting others. The aim is to provide a safe, confidential space for members to share issues they may be having and access a ‘brains trust’ to benefit from the experiences of others. The groups will provide valuable encouragement, support, development and a sounding board.
The Emergency Management group is the only group with current vacancies and we would like to extend another call out for Expressions of Interest for an additional 4 members to join.
This group meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month from 12:00pm – 1:15pm (AEST).
The next meeting of the Emergency Management group will be on 26 June 2019.
- Only one person from each organisation can apply and will need to submit a short EOI including:
- why you would like to join the group
- your contact details, current role and employer
- a short summary of your relevant skills and experience.
- Groups will meet via online video conference. All participants must have access to a personal computer with a camera and audio to participate in the meetings and commit to attending at least 75% of the meetings. Participants must be in a quiet, private space – it will not be appropriate to be on a phone in a car, café, etc.
Each group will comprise a maximum of 15 participants. If we get more than 15 appropriate applications, you can go on a waiting list if you wish.
We will be looking for a range of organisations in each sector and geographic regions and people with varied backgrounds as the aim is to encourage robust discussions, and knowledge sharing.