Enhance your community engagement knowledge
Continue your learning with Engagement Evaluation
Engagement Evaluation is one of IAP2 Australasia’s elective modules in community and stakeholder engagement training, and is suitable for all levels of engagement experience. The sessions are highly interactive where you can network with professionals across varied industries.
The aim of Engagement Evaluation is to calibrate your critical thinking. You’ll be challenged to:
- Ask, “Why evaluate – What’s the theory?”
- Create an evaluation framework
- Assess, and make sense of the results
- Communicate the results to different stakeholders
We are challenging you with current ‘best practice’ – which we all think we know – and working out the reasons why we are often underwhelmed with the results.
By the end of this course you will have enhanced your knowledge with regard to accurate and relevant methods of engagement evaluation.
From the trainer
Why train with IAP2 Australasia
The IAP2 Australasia Certificate in Engagement is increasingly becoming the standard employers look for when hiring community engagement practitioners.
You will gain access to the right tools, resources and proven methods while connecting with other experts and organisations through continuous education with IAP2 Australasia.
IAP2 Australasia provides well-respected and industry-leading training in community and stakeholder engagement. Our training is tailored for all levels of education and experience, from the first time engager to managers and decision makers who benefit from quality engagement processes.
The benefits of IAP2 Australasia training:
- Practical knowledge and theory delivered in an inclusive training environment
- Training is participatory and experiential, with lots of positive interaction between participants from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Materials are contextualised for Australia and New Zealand
- All trainers are experienced trainers AND practitioners, able to reflect on current and real-world examples
- Flexible learning pathways for participants ensuring that all training is relevant and applicable
- Certificate in Engagement is recognised as the standard for engagement professionals
- All participants receive a quality training manual, with access to additional resources via our online forum (where applicable)
- All training delivered in professional training environments, in close proximity to public transport options
Want to know more about our training?
Find out more information on the IAP2 Certificate in Engagement, In-House Training, Skill Electives, Foundations in Public Participation and our Licensed Trainers.
Have a question?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our friendly team will be very happy to help answer your questions.
What others are saying
Engagement Evaluation participant, July 2019
“I never thought I would recommend evaluation as a must-have course but I think it’s crucial we as a profession get better at showing the value of what we do.”
Engagement Evaluation participant, August 2019
“I found the whole training useful as it clarified the importance and benefits of evaluating engagements and it offered useful tools and framework. What I found was that all those who attended did not do evaluation well, including me.”
Engagement Evaluation participant
“Evaluation is something that is always forgotten until the last minute and this course is so helpful in building it into the engagement planning process.”
Jonas - Public Transport Victoria
“The engagement course that we’ve just completed was one of the best courses that I have ever attended. The mix of theory and practical application, relating it directly to what we all do in our everyday worklife and the quality of the course material and in particular the facilitator made it all super useful and insightful.”