Coordinator Community Engagement | Canterbury Bankstown Council | Sydney NSW
- Work for an employer of choice
- Opportunity to make a genuine difference
- Lead a committed team that enjoys what they do
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated individual with high level leadership skills in managing, training, and supporting the Community Engagement team. You will also guide the team and implement Council’s Community Engagement Framework to ensure the coordination and consistent delivery of community engagement across Council.
You will also support the team to implement innovative approaches to consulting with our diverse community.
The principle role of this position will be to provide leadership to the Community Engagement team and develop community engagement strategies utilising a wide range of engagement approaches.
The nature of this role may require weekend and evening work on occasion.
This opportunity will be offered on a permanent full-time basis.
The salary range for this opportunity commences at $101,511 (Grade I, Step1) + 10% super
Your duties in this role will include:
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to the Community Engagement team to achieve outcomes.
- Develop staff performance measures, individual work plans, training and development requirements
- Develop and implement community engagement strategies and projects utilising a wide range of engagement approaches
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with community groups, local business representatives and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate and present information to community meetings and forums, relevant groups, business and stakeholders in the local community.
- Analyse feedback and provide advice and recommendations on improvements to community engagement activities
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement new community and stakeholder engagement initiatives, tools and methods
- Manage project budgets and provide input into the development of the Community Engagement budget.
- Participate in projects across the Community Engagement and Events Unit, as required, and undertake other duties relevant to the role or skills required by the position.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications (University Degree) in Communications, Public Relations, Community Development or equivalent
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in community engagement and/or strategic communications.
- Preferably IAP2 Accredited
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of traditional and emerging community engagement approaches
- Ability to operate on both strategic and operational levels
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective complaints handling skills and experience
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
- Current Working With Children Check (or ability to get one)
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the link below and creating a login using your email address. When submitting your application, make sure to address the Essential Criteria mentioned in the below Position Description in your covering letter.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with a disability or culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
The successful applicant will need a valid working with children check
Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of all team members and other workers. Our COVID safe Workplace Policy requires all team members to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine before commencing employment with Canterbury Bankstown Council.
Applications close at 11:59 pm on Sunday 24 October 2021.
For more information, please contact Mike Thomas, Manager City Business and Engagement on 02 9707 9052