Community Relations Manager | Ampol | Kurnell, NSW
- Permanent full – time role, great benefits & salary on offer
- Community engagement focus for distribution and terminals business nationally
- Join a major national company with a strong vision for our future
Our company has always been about more than fuel. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, businesses, industries and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen. Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand. For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys for today and tomorrow.
About the role:
We have a new role for a Community Relations Manager to join us to support our distribution and terminals business nationally. The role reports to our National Operations Manager of Terminals and is based in Sydney’s Sutherland Shire, with a link to our head office and broader Corporate Affairs team, the role focuses on building and maintaining positive relationships with local communities surrounding our key fuels infrastructure across Australia.
The successful candidate will develop and execute a community relations strategy for our terminal operations business, with a particular focus on our fuel import terminal in Kurnell, NSW. This includes updates on key operational milestones, ongoing engagement with community leaders and organisations and the execution on long-term strategies on issues and programs impacting communities. For applicants looking for future learning and growth prospects, the maturing of our engagement plan will have a future focus across our other Terminals and depots, predominantly on the East Coast.
The successful applicant will need to be visible in the community and based at our Kurnell Terminal, with the flexibility to travel when required. We are looking for a community professional to be on the ground with our key people. This role will offer some flexible working in the future once the initial relationships have been established.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key community stakeholders in Kurnell
- Facilitate ongoing engagement with groups of community members to progress Ampol’s work on key programs
- Identify key community contacts and partner with the business to re-connect with community and build sustainable relationships
- Respond to community issues and enquiries re Kurnell operations
- Provide professional advice to the organisation, including aroundthe development and delivery of a Community Engagement strategy
- Liaise with operational staff on issues and advise a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to bring about positive outcomes, with agreed key messages, on media and communications issues
- Build basic community relations standards for other strategic fuels infrastructure
You are a Community Relations professional and subject matter expert with demonstrated success in deploying strategies, selecting tools, and applying models to effectively engage local communities around major infrastructure. You have highly developed communication skills, act with tact and bring a high achievement in building and maintaining positive community relationships. You portray a calm demeanour and can stay cool in the face of difficult situations.
Key stakeholders will be varied across internal and external operations from our internal Distribution leadership, Health & Safety team to local community members and associations, so the fostering of relationships will truly be at the heart of what we do.
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a community relations focused role, preferably around major infrastructure or other projects
- Knowledge of industry issues and systems to enable informed communications and the ability to predict community and stakeholder concerns.
- Adept at balancing competing priorities and interests and in working effectively within tight time constraints.
- Competitive Salary and performance bonus
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions
- Internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Paid Parental Leave – up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid)
- BabyCare Package – financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available
- Fuel up on us – receive a 25% fuel discount all year round for two privately used cars
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Community giving day – spend one day volunteering with one of our partners
At Ampol we encourage vaccination against COVID-19 as an effective measure in helping to protect our people and our communities.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Applications close Friday 27th May.