Community Relations Coordinator | Acciona
- Part-time or Full-time to suit your home life
- 4 year fixed-term contract
- Global Renewable Energy Company & World Class Wind Energy Project in SE QLD
The Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing community consultation and relations programs for the MacIntyre Wind Farm project, with the aim of ensuring relationships with project landowners, neighbours, and local communities are both positive and constructive. The role will be a 4 year fixed term contract and will be based out of site locations eventually, in and around Warwick, Qld. Some work-from-home and travel to Brisbane will required as we prepare the site locations.
Acciona is committed to building a workplace culture that is inclusive and is supportive of work-life balance.
- This position can be Full-time or Part-time (4 days per week or shorter days over 5 days) to suit the successful candidate. It is a Monday – Friday office hours position, with occasional weekend work (time in lieu as required).
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing stakeholder analyses, consultation plans, communications materials and managing community relationships and expectations.
- Delivering community relations programs, sponsorships and processing community funding applications, and creating positive community benefits.
- Organising community events and consultation activities.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with landowners, neighbours, local communities and local project stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure local content, community relations and training obligations are delivered.
- Resolving issues with landowners, neighbours and local communities.
- Assisting with Community Engagement Committee during project development and delivery/construction phase.
To succeed in this role you will be a collaborative person with a professional approach to community relations. You’ll be passionate about renewables and keen to work within a team of like-minded people who are all dedicated to achieving great outcomes. You’ll be self-assured and have loads of initiative, and you will be a team-player who uses your emotional intelligence to seek and value other people’s views and inputs. Your career profile will look something like this:-
- Relevant experience in community relations and community consultation work (ideally on renewable energy or large infrastructure projects).
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline such as arts, communication or public relations; or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of principles for effective public participation, stakeholder relations and community engagement.
- Understanding of regulatory planning and environmental processes in relation to infrastructure projects.
- Current QLD or equivalent Australian state driver’s license.
ACCIONA is set to build its largest ever wind farm in Australia, the MacIntyre complex in Queensland, with a total capacity of 1,026MW. The project will boost the Queensland government’s decarbonisation strategy, mobilising total investments of AU$1.96 billion (€1 billion). The project is scheduled to begin construction in mid-2021 and the entire MacIntyre complex is scheduled to be fully operational in 2024.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your online application at https://employmentchannel.acciona.com/vacancies/
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 20 September 2020.
For more information about the project: https://www.acciona.com.au/news/acciona-to-build-a-1-026-mw-wind-farm-in-queensland
For any other questions, please call the Acciona Human Resources team on 03 9027 1040.
Acciona are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.