Community Engagement Specialist – 11221 | Gladstone Regional Council | Queensland
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Community Engagement Specialist to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to coordinate and manage key streams of Council’s community engagement activities and processes across the Gladstone Region to ensure a strategic and integrated approach that connects communities with Council’s decision-making process, build capability, awareness and to realise the vision of strong engaged and vibrant communities.
- We are seeking a passionate, community focused engagement professional to drive Council’s engagement program.
- Your success in this role will be demonstrated by your ability to obtain community feedback and ensure it is included in Council’s decision-making processes.
- Ideally you will have over three years’ experience in high-level community engagement.
- You will be present, pro-active and solutions-focused and recognise that the community is the core of our business.
- Relevant qualifications in public relations, community engagement or stakeholder relations (or related discipline) demonstrated significant experience of underpinning Community engagement with IAP2 Core Values and spectrum for public participation.
- Proven consistent and sound judgement and ethical behaviour in developing innovative solutions.
- High level organisation and prioritisation skills, along with well refined analytical skills and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- High Level communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be eligible and willing to obtain on appointment, a positive notice Working with Children Blue Card.
- Ability to work occasional after hours and weekends to increase community accessibility.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems and ability to learn new digital systems.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
- Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Wednesday 17 August 2022.
How to Apply
To apply for this role visit the Gladstone Regional Council website.