Community Engagement Place Manager | BECSCOMM | Sydney, NSW
Full time, permanent
$90k to $110k (based on experience)
Sydney Inner West & West
Infrastructure / Utilities / Construction
3 years of community engagement & construction delivery experience
Becscomm is a leading communication and engagement consultancy specialising in construction and infrastructure. We integrate seamlessly with our client’s team while working with them to develop unique, cutting edge communication and engagement strategies and it’s delivery. Successful candidates will be proactive, driven, have construction delivery experience and enjoy the innovation and excitement that comes from a fast moving, major Sydney project.
Your initial placement is with one of Australia’s largest infrastructure upgrades. This 12-month secondment requires you to provide community engagement services to support the objectives of the project. Ideally experienced in the construction sector in project delivery, you will be the first point of contact for the community while providing advice and support regarding the project.
Although this role is initially a secondment, you will be a permanent employee of Becscomm. During your secondment we provide ongoing support, training, mentoring. Once this secondment is completed we will ensure future opportunities and look forward to developing your career, skill set and reaching your professional objectives.
Role responsibilities include:
- Undertake community engagement services to support the delivery of the project and its objectives, and to help build awareness and understanding of the project within the community
- Carry out a range of communication activities; including newsletters, events, letterbox drops and door-knocking activities to support communication and engagement requirements associated with the project
- Manage relationships with the surrounding impacted community and the project stakeholders, while building and sustaining positive relationships with them
- Provide a point of contact for all community members assuring they are aware of upcoming works as well as providing an opportunity for feedback
- Identify potential community relations issues; then assist in the development and implementation of a communication strategy to minimise risks to project delivery
- Engage with the wider communication and engagement team to share information and ensure coordination of communication activities across locations and contract
To be successful in the role, you will ideally have:
- Community engagement experience across infrastructure or utility sectors on NSW Government projects
- Previous experience in construction delivery
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain strong stakeholder relationships in a complex project environment
- Willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours, including evenings and weekends, as required
How to apply:
Please submit a comprehensive resume with an appropriate cover letter to email@example.com or reply to this email. For any additional questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Thursday, 16 July 2020.