Community Engagement Consultant | BECSCOMM | Sydney CBD
Full time, permanent
Up to $130k (based on experience)
Transport / Infrastructure / Construction
3 – 5 years of community engagement experience
Our client is leading one of Australia’s largest public transport infrastructure programs. This 12-month secondment requires you to provide community engagement services to support the objectives of the project. Ideally experienced in public sector project delivery, you will be the first point of contact for the community, providing advice and support regarding the project.
Although this role is initially a long-term secondment, you will be a permanent employee of Becscomm. We provide ongoing support, training, mentoring and future opportunities beyond this secondment.
Role responsibilities include:
- Undertake community engagement services to support the delivery of the project and its objectives, and to help build awareness and understanding of the project within the community
- Carry out a range of communication activities, including newsletters, events, letterbox drops and door-knocking activities to support communication and engagement requirements associated with the project
- Manage relationships with the surrounding impacted community and the project stakeholders, while building and sustaining positive relationships with them
- Provide a point of contact for all community members assuring they are aware of upcoming works as well as providing an opportunity for feedback
- Identify potential community relations issues; then assist in the development and implementation of a communication strategy to minimise risks to project delivery
- Engage with the wider communication and engagement team to share information and ensure coordination of communication activities across locations and contract
To be successful in the role, you will ideally have:
- Strategic engagement experience across infrastructure and transport sectors, ideally working on TfNSW or other NSW Government projects
- Previous experience within the public sector is favourable, but not essential
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills while working alongside culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Ability to maintain strong stakeholder relationships in a complex project environment
- Willingness to occasionally work outside normal working hours, including evenings and weekends, as required
How to apply:
Please submit a comprehensive resume with an appropriate cover letter to email@example.com. For any additional questions, please reach out.
Applications close: 30 January 2020