Communication and Engagement Coordinator | Uniting | Sydney, NSW
About the role
This is a newly created permanent role, rich with opportunities for you to make a difference every day!
As Communication and Engagement Coordinator you will support the Communication and Engagement Manager to:
- Create engagement strategies that meet IAP2 best practice
- Engage with a range of communities, stakeholders, residents and church representatives around asset planning, pre-DA and development.
- Develop and produce a range of high-quality communications that are engaging and informative.
- Deliver a range of online and face-to-face community and stakeholder consultation initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Communications/PR/Journalism or related experience within community engagement and consultation
- 3-5 years exp. in communications and community engagement
- Current driver’s license is essential as this role involves travel
- International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) membership and certification
- Understanding of NSW planning and development application process.
- Advanced communications skills in writing, editing, and planning
- Strong understanding of marketing, media, and business disciplines
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and create clear, concise and engaging content to a variety of audiences
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, autonomously and within a collaborative environment
- Excellent organisational skills and great flexibility as deadlines will shift and with urgency at times
To review a copy of the position in detail, please click on the link below to access the PD
As LinkedIn does not support the inclusion of documents within an advert to review a copy of the position in detail, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
Alternatively, please go to Uniting’s careers page at https://careers.uniting.org/uniting-careers
At Uniting, we offer an amazing culture, exceptional benefits and we work hard to achieve our main goals always keeping in mind our values and ethics.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful, and compassionate.
- You will be joining an innovative, agile, supportive team
- Have access to superb Not-for-Profit benefits – an extra $16k tax free+++
- An EVP that is well developed, accessible, and created to assist and support you
- We truly promote from within – career progression actively encouraged
- Ideas and solutions are key and always welcome – we listen!
For a confidential discussion about the role and salary range please don’t hesitate to contact Louise Massie on 0422 154 242 or via email at email@example.com
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt – please send your CV and a cover note detailing WHY this role appeals to you.
Applications close 19 August 2022.
At Uniting we believe vaccination to be the best way to keep our employees and clients safe from COVID-19. We require all employees to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) against COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Uniting actively contributes to a safe and supportive working environment that is inclusive of all staff through celebrating their nationality, cultural background, LGBTI status, abilities, gender, age, and uniqueness.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which will include a national Police check, working with children check, working with vulnerable people check and reference checks.