Position: Manager Contracts and Performance (370824)
Department: Department of State Growth
Advertising dates: 18 January 2023 to 5 February 2023
How to apply: www.jobs.tas.gov.au
Salary rates: Tasmanian State Service Award – General Stream Band 7 $121,880 to $128,277 per annum plus Super (full-time, pro-rata)
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Employment type: Permanent role
Plan, develop and manage the operational and strategic directions of the Contracts and Performance unit. This includes overseeing the management of contracted service providers, coordination and administration of contracts for performance and value, and to support the effective operation of Tasmania’s passenger transport networks.
- Lead and manage the Contracts and Performance unit, including financial, physical, human, information and other resources.
- Direct the management of passenger transport contracts to ensure safe and effective delivery of services to the travelling public that meets the terms established by the Crown.
- Develop and establish a relationship management approach with contracted providers to support collaborative service improvement of public transport in Tasmania.
- Manage administration, procurement and termination of contracts for efficient delivery of passenger transport services, including developing and managing systems for monitoring and auditing contract compliance, collaborate on service reviews and manage contract payments.
- Liaise effectively with other sections of the Branch, Division and Department to support a coordinated approach to the improvement of public transport and a shared understanding of the integration of services and interface of services with the road network.
- Support implementation and application of the fare schedule including passenger concessions through contracts in alignment with Government policy
- Anticipate, identify, analyse and manage emerging issues. Proactively provide specialist and authoritative advice, solutions and recommendations on complex issues to senior management and relevant staff within the Branch.
- Prepare high-level correspondence, reports, briefings and submissions as required
Assistant Director, Public Transport Operations
0436 945 386