Position: Senior Stakeholder Engagement Adviser – Tasman Bridge Pathways Upgrade (005466)
Department: Department of State Growth
Advertising dates: 9 January 2023 – 31 January 2023
How to apply: Tasmanian Government Jobs (pageuppeople.com)
Salary rates: Tasmanian State Service Award – General Stream Band 6 $102,836 to $116,312 per annum plus Super (full-time, pro-rata)
Location: Hobart, Tasmania
Employment type: Appointment to the role is on a fixed-term flexible basis (up to 73.5 hours per fortnight) for three (3) years. State Roads is a division of the Department of State Growth.
Tasmania’s infrastructure and transport systems underpin the growth of our economy. The State Road network is one of our biggest infrastructure assets consisting of over 3700 kilometres of roads and over 1300 bridges and major structures that link our major population centres and facilitate movement of people and freight. The Department of State Growth is responsible for managing Tasmania’s Road network on behalf of the Minister for Infrastructure and Transport. We aim to deliver through meaningful engagement with internal and external stakeholders, along with strong leadership and innovative approaches for delivering exemplar services. We are looking for someone who is a team player and motivated to excel, continuously improve, and deliver a vision for Tasmanians.
Develop and deliver effective and professional stakeholder engagement strategies to support the delivery of the high-profile Tasman Bridge Pathways Upgrade, bringing this iconic and much-loved Tasmanian landmark and critical transport asset in line with contemporary use while simultaneously ensuring safety in design, constructibility, functionality and an aesthetically pleasing community valued upgrade is achieved.
- Develop and deliver effective and professional stakeholder engagement strategies for the Tasman Bridge Pathways Upgrade project and oversee and provide advice on the development and delivery of strategies created by consultants and contractors.
- Provide advice and strategies to manage stakeholder issues and manage delivery of those strategies.
- Build trusted relationships with community members and stakeholders, understand their needs and expectations, and work to ensure their input is considered appropriately in project decision-making.
- Work collaboratively across the Department of State Growth, with Tasmanian and Australian government agencies and other key stakeholders to help build support and social license for the project.
- Plan and deliver stakeholder engagement and work with the project team to assist in leveraging opportunities to achieve relevant broader government objectives, including but not limited to areas such as health, the arts, and social inclusion.
- Identify project impacts, and work with the project team to plan and deliver strategies to minimise those impacts on the community and stakeholders.
- Prepare stakeholder and community engagement materials, speech notes, presentations, briefing materials and Ministerial correspondence.
- Analyse data and feedback and report on the effectiveness of stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Undertake other relevant and related activities as requested.
Robyn Hawkins (Project Manager)
Phone: (03) 6165 5209